Wednesday 18 September 2013

BIG September - Game 1

Dan Smart - O&G

List
Orc Lvl 4 with 4+ Ward, and other stuff
Night Goblin Level 2 with stuff
Black Orc with Stuff
30 Orc Biguns with 2 Hand weapons and Full command
5 Wolf Riders with Spear, Short bow, light armour, shields, banner and muso
2 Wolf Chariots
2 Spear Chucka
1 Rock lobba
2 Doom Drivers
2 Manglers


Holy crap balls. I was in for a rough one (first game in like 6 months too). I needed first turn to do well I had the plus 1 too as I had less units.
Dan rolled a 4! Yes, I threw my dice... and got a 2...
Dan got first... Damn...

Dan's Turn 1
Wolf chariot charged horsemen unit, fled from this
Stuff moved a little
Magic did nothing, was either dispelled or failed to wound
Daemon prince went down too the combined fire of both doom divers, the lobba and one of the chukkas
3 horsemen killed by a flank shot from the other chukka

My Turn 1
No Charges
Rallied Horsemen and landed them on top of Mangler
Other 2 horsemen landed on the other. All dead, but no more manglers!!!
Did a swift reform on the warriors to move them up 5 inchs. But failed the Ld8 test with a re-roll. Dang...
Chariot moved up 6 inches

Dan's Turn 2
His boyz unit shuffled up a bit
Wolf boyz moved up some more around the flank
Magic killed 11 Warriors (foot twice) and chariot took 2 wounds to same spell
Shooting Finished the wounded chariot and did 2 wounds to the other
My turn 2
Moved up unit 10 inches... i wanted to roll some dice
Moved chariot up with them
Done

Dan's turn 3
He charged my Warriors
Shooting killed the last chariot and 2 warriors due to lobba scattering the wrong way
Chariots did 9 wounds removing the last of the warriors
Rolled my attacks for the BSB but only killed the champ in a challenge with 1 overkill.
It was double ones to stay. first was 4 and then 12. Good bye bsb
My Turn 3... Oh... Good game :).....

So the result was a 20-0 loss for me. I couldn't really do much to Dan's army and we both agreed that his shooting was massively reliable this game (he didn't miss once).
Oh well I should get an easy game next game!

No comments:

Post a Comment